Ruin

From the castle you can reach the so-called rear castle via the enclosed castle garden. It is located in the east of the palace complex and still has a curtain wall, a battlement with defensive towers and a ditch. This is where the subordinates of the counts and later dukes of Württemberg lived. In the 16th century the building was converted into a fruit box with numerous window and door openings. Four hatches have been preserved on the south side. The keystone of the lower hatch shows the year 1572. In the middle of the 17th century, the fruit box was probably extended by a stables, to which the stair tower that still exists today bordered. After the last manager of the fruit box had to move to the city, the building was used as a quarry and fell into disrepair. Today the wild and romantic ruin is a popular barbecue area that can be rented.

SNBG - Schloss Neuenbürg

Castle

SNBG - Schloss Neuenbürg

Castle history

SNBG - Schloss Neuenbürg

St. Georgs Church